Knowing your measurements is crucial for online shopping, clothing alternations or the creation of your own patterns. To take your measurements you need to stand straight, wear slim fitted clothes and the Damoire measurement table or a piece of paper. For the determination of your length measurements put on a tape measure around your waist. If you don’t have two tape measures I love to use a bias with paper-clip to mark my waistline.
1. Neck size: Take the circumference of your neck and add 1-2 cm.
2. Chest: Wrap your tape measure around the strongest part of your chest
3. Upper chest: Measure the circumference of your upper chest and put the tape measure under your arms.
4. Waist: The waist is the smallest part of your belly and is approx. on the height of your belly button.
5. Upper hip: The upper hip begins at the begin of your hipbone.
6. Hip: Put your measurement tape around the strongest part of your bottom.
7. Arm circumference: Measure the strongest circumference of your upper arm.
8. Wrist circumference: Measure your wrist and add 1-2 cm.
9. Shoulder width: Length from the base of your neck to your shoulder or your upper sleeve line
10. Chest width: The chest width is taken over the bust from one arm to another.
11. Back width: The back width is taken at the strongest part of your back from one arm to another.
12. Back length 1: Base of your neck to your waist tape measure.
13. Back length 2: Base of your neck to your hip.
14. Under chest length: Base of your neck over your chest to your under-chest area.
15. Front lenght 1: Base of your neck to your waist tape measure.
16. Front length 2: Base of your neck to your hip.
17. Sleeve length: Base of your shoulder over your bended elbow to your wrist.
18. Bust-space: Distance between your chest tops.
19. Body height: Length from your waist to your bottom when sitting.
20. Side length: Length from your waist tape measure to the floor.
21. Knee height: Length from your waist tape measure to your knee.
22. Inner leg-length: Crotch to floor.
23. Thigh width: Circumference from the strongest part of your leg.
24. Knee width: Circumference of your knee.
25. Ankle width: Circumference of your ankle:
26. Waist-crotch-waist: Measure from the front-center of your waist tape measure over your crotch to the center-back of your waist tape measure.